In my continued reading of Mark Driscoll’s book, Death by Love, I found that he put succinctly “five great truths regarding the theology of the cross and your life. I’ve reproduced them below for your encouragement as well:
- You were created for God’s glory – Isaiah 43:6-7
- Everything in your life is an opportunity to glorify God – 1 Corinthians 10:31
- Rather than glorifying God, you will have a sinful tendency to do what you think will make you happy, and you will end up sinning. – Romans 3:23
- When you choose happiness over God’s glory, enduring joy is impossible. You wind up pursuing things besides the glory of God (e.g., life, friends, comfort, pleasure – ironically all gifts from God) rather than God himself.
- Your pleasure is found in God alone; as God is glorified, your joy is satisfied.
- Desiring God – John Piper