I have to blog something…and seeing I haven’t had time lately to really focus on keeping up on this website, I decided today just to post what books I currently have my nose in. So, in no real order, my reading:
- Hosea – I have two more chapters to go and I’ll finish this first minor prophet in my desire to study the MP’s again. It’s been a convicting and encouraging read all at the same time.
- Costly Grace: A Contemporary View of Bonhoeffer’s The Cost of Discipleship – This was a very cool find in a recent walk-through a Books A Million in Nashville, TN. I really, really am enjoying it.
- Am I Really a Christian? – something I am reading with my personal study. I think it ought to be stocked in every church’s resource center and handed out regularly. I find it frightening actually. You’ll have to borrow my copy to find out why. Excellent book.
- A Gospel Primer – how I love these short excerpts by Milton Vincent. You need this one too.
- A Faith of Our Own – I just rec’d Jonathan Merritt’s book to review and am plowing through it quickly. Love it.
- Letters From a Martyred Christian – got it free on my Kindle through Gospel eBooks. Started it last night before sleeping. Interesting book.
- Nearing Home – okay, I’m not reading it – but I’m listening to it on my Audible app. Billy Graham has some great wisdom for those nearing the end of their life. I am enjoying listening to it as well.
So that’s it. What are you reading? Any suggestions for me?