Yesterday I took a tour of a facility in Warsaw, IN that really impressed me. Heartline Pregnancy Center has been quietly serving Christ in Kosciusko County since 1985. They are a non-profit organization that offers free & confidential service and information to all their clients. What I learned in a 15 minute tour fascinated me.
Facts about Heartline Pregnancy Center:
- Through 2011 HPC has served approximately 30,000 clients. The first four months of 2012 they have served 2600 clients.
- They have 22 staff members which includes a Registered Nurse.
- 20 volunteers donate their time regularly
- 86 individuals & 18 churches provide financial support to HPC
Sampling of HPC’s Services:
- Pregnancy testing & ultrasound – free & confidential. The gospel of Jesus Christ is shared with every client the Registered Nurse sees.
- Beauty Restored – Post abortive program, one-on-one ministry for women who desire to find freedom from the emotional effects of past abortions.
- Rock Solid Fatherhood – equipping men with the skills to be strong leaders for their families
- TNT Childcare & Preschool – daycare & preschool program providing care & education for children ages two weeks through five years old
- Teens N’ Tots – program that offers care to children of students enrolled in area schools, college or alternative learning centers
- BABE Boutique – program offering clothing, furnishings, diapers, wipes, formula & other essential items
Ways We Can Help:
- Prayer: The first and quick reply to how I could encourage people to help HPC was, “Pray!” You can even sign up for prayer request emails from HPC which keep you up to date on their ministry.
- Volunteer. There are many opportunities to volunteer at HPC & the BABE Boutique. Volunteer to mentor.
- Donate. There are many needs for this ministry that gives away so many different resources: diapers, wipes, baby care items, baby clothing, maternity clothes, and furnishings.
- Tour. On Fridays they are open to people coming by and touring their facilities. They also welcome groups to come and experience a “prayer walk”. The group prays in each room of their facility for the clients that are met & ministered to in those rooms.
I was very impressed with HPC. I was encouraged by their compassionate care for so many clients in our community. They are demonstrating the love of Christ is so many tangible and practical ways. I would encourage you to contact HPC and find out more about their ministry. If possible, I would encourage you as much as possible to think of ways you can donate to HPC. Whether it is financially or through regular gifts of diapers, it is gratefully received and wisely stewarded.
You can contact Heartline Pregnancy Center these ways:
1515 Provident Dr.
Warsaw, IN 46580